Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fantastic Voyage (By Chad)

Super coolio is how I'm going to sum up the 4th quarter of 2009. Baby Sam is still super cool, and Andrea and I are the coolest parents ever! We'll see if this still holds up in about 10-12 years with Mr. Sam. He'll probably loathe me during those years because of my stern discipline, but for now, I'd like to consider myself a cool dad.

Sam's alertness becomes more evident everyday. He loves to her our voices and they make him smile when we talk to him. He has a sillyness to him already. He reminds me of a "little me" more everyday. I still do not know who he looks like. We just say he looks like "Sam." He's the smileyest little kid I have ever seen. He could not be a better baby. We are blessed with him. He as made parenting very easy so far (crosses fingers).

Sam got to watch me play bball a few weeks ago. Andrea said he watched us run back in forth, up and down the court following us. He seems to really like basketball. He watches both bball and football with me. He has no interest in the girly shows that his momma watches, i.e. Gossip Girl, American Idol, One Tree Hill, etc. What can I say? He has great taste in TV/Sports!

Now that we are in a new decade, I have reflected back over my life the last 10 years. Man it really went fast. I went from a boy to a man during this decade. It seems strange that I was 17 when Y2K came upon us. I guess everything worked out okay with the Y2K scare! It is hard to believe that I graduated high school, college, managed a personal website (the original facebook), got married, started a business, and had a baby all within the last decade. By the way, my old site is no longer online because yahoo cancelled their free webhosting :( . So the old quoteboard is just sweet memories to fellow friends. Looking back now it seems all crammed together, but it did not feel crammed.

I am excited for what this decade will bring. Andrea & I will probably be done growing our family. Sam will start back talking me during this decade. It is hard to imagine my huddler cuddler being nothing but perfect though! For now, I'm going to savor these precious moments. What a cute kid. There is no greater blessing God can give Andrea and I, than a child. I can't say it enough, I love being a dad!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome message! Love your reflection and love you! You are a coolio dad and mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be teaching Sam how to watch only cartoons! ;P

    ReplyDelete